Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Clippers
We're very sorry
The page you're looking for was not found.
Basketball Betting with William Hill
Betting on basketball?
Get the latest basketball odds on every game from the NBA, plus college basketball and leagues across Europe and Asia.
Read on for more about:
• Basketball betting – the leagues and tournaments
• Basketball betting markets – from spreads to the money line
• The terms you need to know – just what is a triple-double?
• Betting tips – digging into the stats
• Betting offers and promotions – net better basketball odds
Betting on the NBA
The action comes at you thick and fast when you bet on the NBA.
In the regular season alone, each of the 30 teams play 82 games. There are even games on Christmas Day!
Then, in April, the top-eight teams from the Western and the Eastern Conferences go through to the NBA Playoffs.
The winners of the Western and Eastern Conference Finals meet in the NBA Finals in June for the ultimate prize in basketball. Who’s your money on?
Betting on college basketball (NCAA)
College basketball is huge in the USA, where the annual NCAA Division I tournament is known to all as ‘March Madness’.
Across the month, 68 teams fight it out, with many fans rooting for their college side.
Ultimately, the teams are whittled down to the ‘Final Four’, featuring the best team from each region.
Betting on EuroLeague basketball and more
The EuroLeague is the top basketball league in Europe. It’s made up of 18 teams, including some names familiar to football fans, like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
You can bet on every game from the EuroLeague – and on games from the Chinese Basketball Association and the Japanese B.League – with William Hill.
Basketball betting markets
This is one of the most popular ways to bet on the NBA, college basketball and other basketball leagues.
So, how does it work?
Well, say the Los Angeles Lakers were playing the Miami Heat and they were favourites to win.
Here the spread could look something like this, ‘LA Lakers -5 / Miami Heat +5’, where a:
• bet on the Lakers to ‘beat’ the points spread would pay out if they won by more than five points
• bet on the Heat to ‘cover’ the points spread would pay out if they avoided defeat by more than five points (or won)
Money line betting
With this type of basketball bet, you are simply staking your money on which team will win the match.
• A £10 bet on the Boston Celtics to win at 7/4 could return £27.50, with a profit of £17.50.
There are no draws in basketball. If the teams are tied after four quarters, they go to overtime.
Championship winner betting
Before the first tip off and throughout the season, you can bet on the NBA Championship winner market. Plus, we run markets on the winners of the Eastern and Western Conferences and college basketball.
Over / under betting
Here you are betting on how many points there will be in the match.
You can choose whether to bet on the combined points tally and/or the points scored by either team.
Bet on the over / under or points spread by quarter or by half.
You can get basketball odds on loads of markets when you bet in-play with William Hill.
What’s more, you can live stream games from the EuroLeague for free with Betting TV.
NBA player awards betting
Towards the end of the regular season the votes are tallied for the NBA’s Most Valuable Player, the Rookie of the Year and other individual awards. You can get basketball odds on these markets too.
• Free throw – either two or three unchallenged shots from the free-throw line, awarded after a foul.
• Rebound – to recover the ball after a missed shot.
• Triple double – double figures in three categories (eg points, assists and rebounds).
• Travelling – when a player, illegally, takes three or more steps without dribbling the ball.
Basketball betting tips
•Form. How’s a team been playing? Are they on a winning streak? Or can’t they buy a win?
• Injuries. Is their star player out? How much depth do they have on their roster?
• Seeding. Betting on the Playoffs or the Finals? Check the seedings. They are based on where the teams finished in the regular season.
• Stats. The official websites for the NBA and other leagues have a mountain of stats on every player and team. Check out the records of their star performers. How did things go when the sides last met?
• Top Price Guaranteed – unbeatable prices on selected markets
• Enhanced Odds – boosted prices on selected markets
• Flash Odds – super-enhanced odds that go live online for just an hour or two
• #YourOdds – can’t find the market you want? Just tweet us with #YourOdds, and we’ll price up your bet