We're very sorry
The page you're looking for was not found.
Greyhounds Betting with William Hill
Betting on greyhound racing, but not quite sure how it all works? Don’t worry, we’ve got all the details.
From the Greyhound Derby to daily meetings in the UK, Ireland and around the world… William Hill is the place for greyhound betting.
Read on for:
• Big dates in the greyhound racing calendar
• How to bet on greyhound racing
• Greyhound racing jargon buster
• Greyhound racing tips
• Greyhound racing offers
You can also find out more about the latest greyhound racing news and betting tips on our blog.
Big races in the greyhound calendar
Here at William Hill, you’ll find ante-post greyhounds betting for all the sport’s main finals across the UK and Ireland.
We’ve got free-to-air coverage on William Hill Betting TV and a dedicated Greyhound radio service.
So, from the hare running to the dogs passing the post, William Hill brings you all the latest greyhound odds.
That includes betting on greyhound racing from 21 tracks in the UK, and tracks in Ireland, including Mullingar, Tralee and Youghal.
Bet on the Greyhound Derby
The Derby was first held in 1927 and has taken place at White City, Wimbledon and, more recently, Towcester. In 2019, the top greyhound betting event of the year moved to Nottingham.
Bet on the top greyhound races
You’ll also find greyhound racing odds on these big races:
• The Golden Jacket at Crayford
• Shawfield’s Scottish Derby
• The Irish Derby at Shelbourne Park
• The Grand National over hurdles at Central Park
• The Classic at Sunderland
• The St Leger at Perry Barr
• The Laurels at Newcastle
• The Oaks at Swindon.
Betting on greyhounds with William Hill
With six dogs in each race, you can place win-only or each-way bets. And, there’s a chance to land forecasts, reverse forecasts, tricasts and combination tricasts.
• Forecast – A bet on two dogs to finish first and second, in a certain order.
• Reverse forecast – A variation on a straight forecast, where you pick two greyhounds to finish first or second in any order. As you are making an extra bet, you’ll pay double the stake of a straight forecast.
• Tricast – You pick three dogs to finish first, second and third in the correct order.
• Combination tricast – Your three selections can finish first, second and third in any order. That’s six combinations; so, a £1 stake would cost £6.
Greyhound offers and promotions
To give you better odds on greyhound racing, we offer three Bet Boosts every day to use on singles.
And, you can see how your dog fares live and free on Betting TV online or on our free app.
If you’re on the move, you can listen to Greyhound radio – our dedicated channel for racing commentaries across the UK.